Production Facility Lead – 5 to 7 years experience.
Extensive experience in reading detailed shop drawings and problem solving. Assist facility workers. Answer questions and assign work. Quality Control. More to come…
Detailer/Project Coordinator/PM – Miscellaneous Steel/Stair Contractor
Long Beach, CA Steel Fabricator seeks Experienced Misc Metals/Stair Steel Detailer/Project Coordinator/Project Manager for projects located throughout Southern California. Technically and administratively manages all aspects of steel projects from project award to completion. The candidate will ensure client requirements and company standards are met and must be able to work in a close team environment with other team members.
Position, salary, and benefits commensurate with experience (4 years minimum)
- Coordination of steel detailing including submittal and processing of shop drawings for approval and fabrication. Experience working with detailers using AutoCAD, Tekla and latest AWS D1.1 standards.
- Perform the maintenance and processing of RFIs, document change orders, and some detailing as required.
- Provide Project Labor Hours Schedule meeting project CPM requirements and ensure hours scheduled for fabrication and erection in timely manner.
- Coordinate and oversee the work performed by office, shop, subcontractors, and GC to ensure that the project is completed on time.
- Attend onsite meetings, visit job site, and take field measurements as required. Meetings Online due to COVID.
- Ensure that all safety precautions are adhered to by field crews.
- Monitor the compliance of all project specs per construction documents.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of in commercial steel construction.
- Learn and work within Cowelco’s system. Teamwork is key.
- Ability to:
- Think ahead, forecast, project requirements and schedules
- Proficiently read steel shop drawings and architectural/structural plans.
- Proficiently read, absorb and follow Steel Specification requirements.
- Write comprehensive RFIs and coordinate consistent follow-up.
- Absorb and respond to RFI’s, construction bulletins and other ongoing scope changes/revisions.
- Proficiently recognized Cost Impacts and submit immediate notices to GC.
- Must have the ability to multitask and possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as being adept at conflict resolution.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience Fabsuite preferred but not required. SharePoint a plus.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- AutoCAD proficiency, BIM a plus.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test/physical/background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Long Beach, California.
- Health insurance. Kaiser, Aetna.
- Dental insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Tuition Reimburse for job related education.
- Paid time off.
- Retirement Plan.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 7AM – 3:30PM.